Mechanical Keyboard and where to find them
This list will help you quickly find your favorite layout and you can start DIY your own custom keyboard.
|SB-147||136%, 147 key||A 147-key 3d printed keyboard, along with custom profile keycaps.|
|GH80-3000||100%, Full size||GH80-3000 is intended to be a replacement PCB of the Cherry Corp.|
|SaikouType||100%, Full size||Fullsize Custom PCB Filco Compatible.|
|Voyager97||97%, Full size||A compact fullsize keyboard.|
|Entropy||96%||A 96% Southpaw keyboard, with split space and encoder support.|
|HacKeyboard||87%, TKL||HacKeyboard is a mechanical keyboard built from scratch using SMK Alps Mount switches from an old Monterey K108 keyboard and Alps compatible keycaps from an old NGS keyboard. Features: internal keylogger, macro recording, internal USB Hub 2.0, internal flash drive, customizable LED colors, customizable LED effects;|
|XMMX TKL||87%, TKL||Tenkeyless PCB designed to work with MX compatible switches as well as ALPS SKCL/SKCM and their clones. This PCB is inteded to fit the Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (not the Rapid-i) and the Filco Majestouch 2 TKL cases, although it could fit some other commercial TKL cases.|
|Mysterium||87%, TKL||TKL keyboard that can be entirely assembled using only through hole components, including usb type c.|
|Yurei||87%, TKL||A Tenkeyless PCB inspired by Phantom, for customizing Filco Majestouch 2.|
|System76 Launch||75%||System76 Launch Configurable Keyboard is designed to provide the ultimate user controlled keyboard experience, with open source mechanical and electrical design, open source firmware and associated software, and a large number of user configuration opportunities.|
|Toad||70%||70% with space between F-row and number row.|
|Toad V2||70%||Toad with support for MX and Alps switch.|
|SiCK-68||68%||3D printed keyboard.|
|Discipline||65%||65% keyboard assembled with only through hole components, including usb type-c.|
|Bakeneko 65||65%||A simple 65% keyboard|
|Pheromone||63%||63-key keyboard supports slide potentiometer, rotary encoder and oled screen.|
|Voyager60||60%||A simple MX/Alps 60% board that just works.|
|Ultimate hacking keyboard||60%||Split 60% keyboard with trackpoint.|
|GH60||60%||The most popular 60% keyboard pcb.|
|Plain60-C||60%||This universal 60% PCB is designed to support as little layouts as possible without limiting usability for most users.|
|TMK Alps 64||60%||Poker X compatible 60% size PCB supports various Alps switch keyboard layouts like AEK, Omnikey, Dell, V60MTS and Infinity.|
|TCKB||60%||60% keyboard using STM32.|
|Lot60-BLE||60%||60% BLE keyboard using nRF51822 as the main controller, CH554 as the USB chip.|
|Bakeneko 60||60%||A simple 60% keyboard|
|hand-wired python keyboard||60%||An open source hand-wired, USB + BLE keyboard powered by python.|
|Makerdiary M60||60%||A hot-swappable, USB + BLE keyboard.|
|Regack’s 59%||59%||A reduced size keyboard, but not quite 60%.|
|QOL56||56%||56-key mechanical keyboard for Oyayubi-shift Japanese input.|
|SteamVan||40%||MiniVan-compatible PCB based on an STM32MCU.|
|CW40||40%||RGB underglow 40% keyboard.|
|Tanuki||40%||Tanuki is a 40% keyboard that uses a split spacebar design to comfortably switch between layers.|
|pain27||27%||The pain27 is an open source keyboard project to make an easily usable, yet completely and utterly unusable qwerty keyboard with all the letters of the english alphabet, a spacebar, and nothing else.|
|Alpha||<30%||A 28-key semi-ortholinear mechanical keyboard.|
|ANHEDRAL||Symmetrical SemiErgo layout keyboard.|
|Re Keyboard collection||Split keyboards with rotary encoder.|
|RGB TKL||87%, TKL||[THIS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED YET]
TKL keyboard with RGB on each button.
|TS65||68%||[THIS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED YET]
The Split 65% Keyboard.
|BLU60||60%||[THIS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED YET]
Bluetooth 60% keyboard.
|Arisu||The layout is inspired by Lyn’s EM7 and TGR Alice with some modification.
|fAuxLICE||An 3D printable Alice-like mechanical keyboard.|
|Kusuguru||An 3D printable Alice-like JIS-layout TKL mechanical keyboard.|
|BMEK||BMEK is an ergonomic keyboard in the spirit of Lyn’s EM7 and TGR Alice. Notable differences are the more HHKB-like layout and the and the more symmetric looks due to the space bars and left key cluster arrangement.|
|Sesame||Alice like ergo keyboard using only THT parts|
|Atreus||The Atreus is a mechanical keyboard designed primarily to match the shape of human hands and to be as portable as possible. The case measures 26x12cm and lacks even a number row, relying heavily upon the
|Atreus62||This version utilizes a Pro Micro for its controller and has a 62 key layout.|
|Atreis||Unsplitting the Iris keyboard.|
|Fortitude 60||A 60% (12x5) split keyboard with staggerd column layout.|
|Darknight||DIY 60% Split Keyboard.|
|Manta 60||60% split keyboard.|
|ErgoDox||Ergodox is a keyboard project designed with ergonomics in mind, it uses 76-80 Cherry MX style mechanical switches laid out in a columnar stagger (rather than the more conventional row stagger) layout with components that can easily be sourced. The keyboard is completely programmable and can be flashed with several different firmware options.|
|Lily58||Lily58 is 6×4+4keys column-staggered split keyboard.|
|Infinity ErgoDox||Left handed
|Torn||The split keyboard kit made by through hole components only.|
|Sofle Keyboard||Sofle is 6×4+5 keys column-staggered split keyboard with encoder support.|
|ErgoTravel||A split ergo 4x6 keyboard with 2 or 3 thumb keys and extra inner macro keys.|
|Redox||The Redox project is an open-source, ergonomic split mechanical keyboard. This repository will be used to share information about the project and instruction on how to use and assembly the Redox keyboard.|
|Oddball||Split mechanical keyboard with an integrated trackball.|
|Unsplitted ergo Keyberon|
|REVIUNG||The REVIUNG41 is 41-key column staggered keyboard.|
|Dactyl Keyboard||The Dactyl is a parameterized, split-hand, concave, columnar, ergonomic keyboard.|
|Dactyl-ManuForm||The main change is that the thumb cluster was adapted from the ManuForm keyboard (geekhack). The walls were changed to just drop to the floor.|
|Mitosis||Wireless Split Ergonomic Keyboard.|
|Interphase||A mitosis clone with more keys!!|
|Chimera||Split wireless QMK powered keyboards|
|Corne||Corne keyboard, a split keyboard with 3x6 column staggered keys and 3 thumb keys, rgb, based on Helix.|
|Orbit||A split ergonomic keyboard pcb with usb type c.|
|pteron||An ergonomic keyboard heavily inspired by the Atreus, Iris and Atreis keyboards.|
|Planck||A thumb-chorded 47-key keyboard|
|Planck Through Hole Kit|
|Plaid||The 4x12 ortholinear keyboard kit made by through hole components only.|
|Drunk Planck||The PCB fits in the Planck formed bottom, and in theory it should fit into the Planck milled bottom|
|Alpsie||An alps-only blocked 4x12 (44 key) ortho with piezo support.|
|Contra||Extremely low cost ortholinear keyboard.|
|Low Profile Ortho||DIY low-profile ortholinear, with custom PCB, Kailh Choc Browns, and vintage Plum keycaps.|
|Koda||4x12 keyboard using pro micro and kailh choc.|
|Ergo42||7x4 ortho linear split keyboard.|
|Helix||A compact split ortholinear keyboard with screen.|
|Let’s Split||Split ortholinear keyboard with rgb underglow.
|Split Infinitive||The goal of this project is to build a Let’s Split keyboard clone with a number of alternative features.|
|Minisplit||6×4 +1keys Split Keyboard.|
|For Science||For Science is a 46 key ortholinear split keyboard PCB with a 3 key thumb cluster.|
|Nack||The nack has 52-keys for ISO friendliness plus all the bells & whistles QMK has to offer.|
|PouetPouet||60 keys with visible SMD components and a Rust firmware.|
|m65||65 keys nothing fancy qmk firmware.|
|SAMPad||This is a custom numeric pad that is designed to be usable on the right side of the keyboard or on the left (With a mirrored layout if required). There is a gap in the top row and the second row of 1.25U. The top row can be broken off by simply scoring the two brifges and snapping. The bottom 5 rows can then be used in conjunction with a 60%/65% keyboard.|
|yampad||Hot-swappable, RGB-backlighted, OLED featured, mechanical numpad.|
|Discipad||17-key numpad assembled with only through hole components, including usb type-c.|
|Soyuz||A single-PCB numpad kit.|
|QazPad||It’s a separate 10 key with some extra keys to allow it to stand alone for number crunching or gaming.|
|Dumpad||Simple 4x4 numpad with a rotary encoder.|
|Travel Numpad||A 4x4 custom numpad.|
|Kbord||kbord is a programmable keypad with 15 mechanical keys, each of which can be set to execute a script when pressed.|
|Staryu||An Open-source 5-key Keypad.|
|Voyager4||A tiny, fully featured 4-key macropad PCB.|
|Cookpad||A six keys macro pad made by Cookpad.|
|I-S-hOle||A small board with space for 4 ISO enter keys with PCB mount Cherry stabilizers. Powered by a Pro Micro.|
|Cherry MX Keypad||1x4 keypad with led.|
|2% Milk keyboard|
|SIK Keyboard||An ergonomic, compact, mechanical keyboard|
|Some other collection of mechkey kicad pcb|
|Amoeba Single-Switch PCB||Make handwiring keyboard easier.|
||For customize keyboard connector and pcb.|
|Unified Daughterboard Project
|KeyPlus||ATXmega controller that have awesome support for wireless, can use with Logitech receiver, with usb type c. Support keyplus firmware.|
|Goldfish||Arduino pro micro clone with usb type c. Support TMK, QMK.|
|BLE Micro Pro||It is a breakout board of BL654 (nrf 52840 module) which is conscious of compatibility with Pro Micro, and it can correspond to both USB / Bluetooth Low Energy. Support BlueMicro, QMK firmware.|
|nrfmicro||Arduino Pro Micro-sized breakout board for E73-2G4M08S1C (nRF52840) modules.|
|Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE||Support QMK with bluetooth out of the box.|
|Adafruit Feather Bluefruit nRF52||Support BlueMicro firmware.|
|USB to USB keyboard converter||With this you can change keymap and use functions TMK firmware offers on your USB keyboard.|
|Teensy Soarer||Convert old keyboard socket to usb.|
|Beamspring USB controller|
|TEK-80 TKL||87%, TKL||Compatibility: Phantom, Universal TKL Plate, Filco TKL, Winkeyless, Gon|
|TKL acrylic case||87%, TKL||Compatibility: Phantom, Universal TKL Plate, QFR, Filco TKL|
|Classic 87||87%, TKL||Compatibility: Unknown|
|XD87 mica case||87%, TKL||Compatibility: XD87 PCB|
|60% acrylic case by MOZ||60%||Compatibility: GH60, Poker, Poker 2, Pure, Pure Pro|
|Infinity 60% case||60%||Compatibility: Standard 60% case, hhkb|
|Whitefox case||68%||Compatibility: Whitefox|
|Lubrigante||68%||Compatibility: TGR Alice and compatible pcb|
|Yutsky’s TGR Alice||68%||Compatibility: TGR Alice and compatible pcb|
|Arisu custom case||68%||Compatibility: Arisu|
|Infinity ergodox case||Compatibility: Infinity ergodo|
|Redox case||3d printed case for Redox keyboard.|
|60% Alps Plates||60%||Compatibility: Infinity, HHKB, Tai-Hao, …|
|Plates Collection||~||Collection of various plates …|
- SA profile 1 - 3D model of SA profile keycaps.
- SA profile 2 - Another 3D model of SA profile keycaps.
- Cherry profile 1 - 3D model of Cherry profile keycaps.
- Cherry profile 2 - Another 3D model of Cherry profile keycaps.
- DSA profile - 3D model of DSA keycaps.
- XDA profile - 3D model of XDA keycaps.
- Kailh low profile - 3D model of kailh low profile keycaps.
- EasyAVR - EasyAVR is a keyboard firmware and keymapper GUI for custom keyboards based on USB AVRs. It is powerful but also really easy to use.
- TMK - A very popular firmware that support Atmega32u4 powered keyboard.
- QMK - Base on TMK but support a lot of controller, support RGB, easy to use.
- The VIA - QMK based firmware for the view app.
- Keyplus - An easy to use, wired and wireless modular keyboard firmware, for both ATXmega family and atmega32u4.
- BlueMicro - A Keyboard Firmware for nRF52832 Boards with a pinout compatible with the Arduino Pro Micro.
- MK32 - BLE keyboard firmware for ESP32 microcontrollers,designed to be relativley easily customizable.
- Bluetosis - Bluetooth firmware for the Mitosis keyboard.
- Kaleidoscope - Flexible firmware for Arduino-powered keyboards.
- Anne Key - Firmware for Anne Pro Keyboard written in Rust.
- Lotlab/nrf52-keyboard - TMK based keyboard firmware for nRF52 series, now support both nRF52810 and nRF52832.
- Lotlab/nrf51822-keyboard - This is a firmware based on nrf51822 Bluetooth keyboard, which uses nRF SDK 10.0 as the underlying hardware driver, and uses TMK keyboard library as the upper part of the keyboard function.
- Keyberon - Keyboard firmware written in Rust.
- Key To Key - Rust libary for building keyboard firmwares.
- Polymer firmware - Polymer keyboard firmware.
- Pipit keyboard - Firmware and config tools for chording keyboards.
- rusty-c - QMK in rust.
- python-keyboard - A highly extensible firmware written in Python, based on CircuitPython, with RGB, USB and Bluetooth. similar to TMK/QMK.
- PCB Designer Guide by ai03
- Keyboard PCB Guide by ruiqimao
- A modern handwiring guide
- Hand wiring a let’s split (pro micro)
- How to integrate a trackpoint in a mechanical keyboard (TMK, Teensy)
- lets-split-guide - This guide covers building a Let’s Split v2.
- the 1-Key-Keyboard project - One key keyboard using Attiny85.
- 4-key-keyboard - Four key keyboard using Attiny85.
- Keyboard Layout Editor: This is a web application that enables the editing of keyboard-layouts, i.e., the position and appearance of each physical key.
- Keyboard Layout 3D Viewer: Render 3D keyboard from KLE json.
- Keycap Renders: Render 3D keycap set.
- Plate & Case Builder: keyboard top plate CAD files generator, for keyboard-layout-editor generated layouts.
- ai03 Plate Generator: An advanced plate generator which doesn’t result in 13.99999mm cutouts. Also fillets the cutouts so you don’t have to waste hours later
- ai03 Plate Generator - An advanced plate generator which doesn’t result in 13.99999mm cutouts.
- Keyboard Layouter Plugin - Keyboard Layouter is a plugin for KiCad(pcbnew). This plugin places switch footprints in the location specified by JSON of Keyboard Layout Editor.
- mrkeebs Pcb Generator - Quickly create PCB from KLE json.
- Kalerator - pcb generator for keyboard-layout-editor generated layouts.
- Keyboard Firmware Builder - online QMK Firmware Builder. (2+ years behind QMK firmware master).
- QMK Configurator - an open source configurator for QMK Firmware.
- TMK Firmware Builder - online TMK Firmware Builder.
- Parametric Mechanical Keycap Library - is a keycap and keyset construction library for mechanical keyboards, written in openSCAD.
- KiCad Parts by Ai03 - KiCad Library of custom MX-Alps footprints
- KiCad Parts by Daprice - KiCAD footprint library for kailh choc and MX-style mechanical switches
- KiCad Parts by Keebio - Various KiCAD footprints for mechanical keyboard parts
- KiCAD Parts by TMK - KiCad modules for keyboard design
- Keyswitch Datasheets
- QMK Proton C symbol/footprint for KiCad, Eagle